Welcome to my blog! I'll start with an explanation to clear up any confusion about the title. No, I have not read "Of Mice and Men" and yes, this blog is totally unrelated to the book. I just happen to like mice and chocolate. I think mice are absolutely adorable and chocolate is my favorite food (or at least it is right now...it changes). I could go into more details about some of my favorite things right here, but those are really blog posts for another time.
So instead, I'll give you a short introduction to my blog. If you know me, you might know that I, like hundreds of thousands of other people, play the violin and that I like to swim. On the other hand, you might not know that I also enjoy folding origami or that I love mice and chocolate, although you've probably figured out those last two by now. I won't bore you by rambling on and on about my common hobbies like swimming and playing the violin; I'll blog about my more obscure obsessions.
Apart from sports and music, I enjoy photography and folding origami. I mostly do modular origami, which is like regular origami except that you fold the same pattern many times to make identical units and then join the units at the end to make a neat 3-D shape. Maybe I'll post pictures of some of my models later! I also like taking pictures, especially of nature and sculptures.
Fine first post, Monica! I like chocolate, too. Hopefully in some future post you'll explore the burning "milk vs. dark" question. (I'll tell you then which I am passionately devoted to, and which I almost never bother with.)
ReplyDeletePerhaps this could be a special Halloween Edition blog post or something!
DeleteI would love to see your origami-- but also Mon please please please do share your violin with us. I'd love to read a post with potentially a video clip imbedded of you playing. You're so good! Or maybe you could write something about your trip to ILMEA last year as the auditions come closer! I am not really sure but I think that it defines you so much and it's so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou're a rock star (even if you haven't read of Mice and Men which I highly recommend)! :3
I would love to be able to see your origami and, if possible, learn from you! I like to try to learn how to make a 3-D origami piece! And I would also love to see pictures of your origami! You should go for it!
ReplyDeleteI learned some modular origami at a camp, but I never was all that good at it. Although I don't love mice, I do often find it surprising how scared some people are of them. You certainly have an interesting set of hobbies and "obscure obsessions"
ReplyDeleteYour post gave popped this thought into my head and now it won't leave: what if there was origami chocolate. Chocolate you could fold and shape and stuff with out melting into globs and then you could eat it later. That would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteModular origami sounds really cool! I am not usually very good at 3D geometric folding things, but I would definitely be interested in learning how to make something basic later this year. I also look forward to reading about all of your "obscure obsessions" that I don't know about.
ReplyDeleteThat's really cool! I've tried my hand at molecular origami once... not for me... I get easily bored, and the task requires a lot of patience and repetitiveness. However, it is through that experience that I've learn to appreciate the art more. I'm also excited to see pictures!
ReplyDelete