Our team of fourteen has done very well despite our small size and the practice adjustments we made because of the retirement of our resident practice pool, Freer. Freer's water heater broke earlier this season and Halloween was Freer's last day because it will soon be turned into office space (RIP, Freer. Your cockroaches will not be missed). In all seriousness, though, this season has been very enjoyable. From practicing in six different pools to the games of sharks and minnows on "Friday, fun days," this season has been as hard as it has been enjoyable.
As the season wraps up, sectionals is coming in a few days, and our whole team is really nervous (y'all should come, by the way :) ). We won sectionals as a team for the first time last year, so we are hoping to win again this year. The main difference is that this year we have a lot less swimmers (but one more diver!) than we did last year. The size of our team has not really affected us in our previous meets this season, so hopefully it will be the same way for sectionals.
I'm already looking forward to next season!
Wow I never knew swim season went so late. I'm pretty sure cross country started at around the same time in the fall, but your sport has continued like a full month after mine ended. I watched your meet against Urbana earlier (twin city meet or something? I'm not sure), heard about your sectional and state results, and it looked like you guys had a lot of fun together. Hopefully you do just as well or better next year!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, congratulations to your team for winning sectionals again! I only was able to come for the first half, but you guys did great! I can understand the problem with long swim season, as my season often goes from the beginning of september until the end of march, and thats just the winter season! At least now you can take some time off, although that does mean you have to go back to fitness :P
ReplyDelete